Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Frankly Frankl - Summer and Pebble Beach Week - Frankly Frankl-life, luck, love and automobiles


The Summer was supposed to be leisurely with trips to Tahoe and elsewhere instead of which it turned out to be an absolute mayhem.

Of the good sort I hasten to add. God willing I will be a grandfather for the very first time in a couple of weeks.

On top of that I was busy finishing my new book which is now-finally-at the printer. 208 pages, foreword by my old friend Jackie Stewart








with lots of new pictures and an extended Cannonball section. The word is that Pam Yates, wife of the late, great Brock Yates is talking about a new movie to the studios.



Lady Pam is one special lady and I do hope she will succeed. It was certainly the best week of my life back in 1979.

I am just recovering from Pebble Beach, the 4 day automobile extravaganza. It was great to see the new Pista spider unveiled by world wide sales supremo



Enrico Galliera and Ferrari’s US boss Matteo Torre. They started with a short but heartfelt tribute to the late Sergio Marchionne- architect of the new car. As you can see from the enclosed photo

I gave it the two thumbs up. Buying it will be a different matter as the line stretches from SF to NY..



The Portofino is more readily available and I may change my trusted California to the new model which I had a chance to drive both in Italy and at Big Sur.

Talking of which there was a FNA rally from San Diego to Pebble Beach starting the Monday of Pebble week. It ran to Palm Springs through the mountains out to Malibu, up to Santa Barbara and on to Pebble Beach. It was an incredible four days and fun for all.








No comments:

Post a Comment