Thursday, September 12, 2013

Frankly Frankl - My New Book - Frankly Frankl-life, luck, love and automobiles - Ron Howard's New Movie Rush







"I don't want to be a spoilsport so I won't go into any details of  Ron Howard's new film Rush beyond saying that it really is worth a trip to the nearest theatre when it goes on general release. I knew the Niki and James well-they both feature in my forthcoming book-and hat off to the actors . When I closed my eyes and listened to" Lauda" I really thought it was the real thing. He used to eat at our place after the races at Crystal Palace -one of which features in the movie . This is a film true Formula One fans will want to see more than once, the action is so fast and furious that I found it impossibly to digest al the details. Because 1976 wasn't THAT long ago, a lot of the original cars were available plus mock-ups for the crashes. Several former colleagues were involved in the making it, good for them.

Several people asked me after the movie about my forthcoming book as they've seen it mentioned in the most recent issue of FORZA. The good news is that it is ready, it is on its way to the printers as we speak.Now if the next sentence sounds like a blatant commercial it is only partly true We are printing 499 copies all told and 40 of them have already been sold. Some kind soul bought 5!



This without any prior publicity, book signing or what people call marketing. All 499 copies will be signed by me. Some people have asked for personalised dedications presumably with Christmas in mind. At 44.95 it is certainly cheaper than a good bottle of Scotch and lasts a lot longer,

Finally I urge you to see Rush, as a fan you owe it to yourself."

http://www.franklyfrankl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment